In preparation for your up-coming procedure, please take note of the following instructions provided to you by Dr. Patel and his staff:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- If you must cancel, please call at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please call the office before your appointment if you develop any cold, flu, sore throat or other symptoms of illness.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and a short-sleeved shirt. Do not wear tight fitting or binding clothes.
- Please remove contact lenses or glasses prior to surgery.
- You may take prescribed medication the morning of surgery (unless told otherwise by your doctor) with a small sip of water.
- Do not take any narcotic pain medication or sedatives prior to your appointment.
- Do not plan any strenuous activities for at least 48 to 72 hours following your procedure.
Please note the following instructions if you are undergoing IV sedation/General Anesthesia:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your appointment.
- You must bring an escort, over the age of 18, with you who can drive you home after the appointment.
- Your driver/escort must stay in the waiting room until your surgery is completed.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.